Top 10 Best Destinations for Float Trips
Float trips are some of the best ways to view America’s natural scenery. While daredevils may enjoy whitewater rafting trips, others prefer a more relaxing trip on the water. A scenic float trip takes place on calmer waters in a raft, canoe, or tube. Such trips allow you to gently float along while taking in the spectacular views of mountains, forests, and landscapes.
Wondering where to go for the best scenic float tours in the US? Here are the top 10 best destinations for float trips.
- The Grand Tetons. A float trip on the Snake River in Jackson Hole, Wyoming offers the best views of the Grand Teton Mountains. Guided float trips are available for your convenience. Some float trips are designed for photography, offering plenty of opportunities along the way to snap shots of the landscape and wildlife. Group trips and private tours are available for your preference. Reservations fill up fast, so book your Grand Teton scenic float trip today.
- Yellowstone. Arguably the most famous national park in America, there are a variety of float trips down the Yellowstone River that show amazing views of the Gallatin, Beartooth, and Grand Teton Mountains. Yellowstone National Park is also known for its wildlife, so you may spot some unique animals and birds you’re not used to seeing in your backyard.
- The Grand Canyon. The Colorado River famous for carving out the Grand Canyon is one of the most scenic of float trips you’ll ever take. A combined helicopter tour and scenic float trip is available that will take you down into the Grand Canyon to the river to float along the lowest point in the canyon while looking up at the majestic rock formations above you.
- Glacier National Park. The Middle Fork of the Flathead River offers calm waters for a scenic float trip with views of the Glacier National Park in Montana. This relaxing float trip is ideal for the whole family. Guided tours include information about the plants, animals, culture, and history of the area.
- Alaska. There are so many scenic float trips in the state of Alaska it is nearly impossible to narrow down which ones to take. Float along the base of the famous Mendenhall Glacier, take a trip down the Taiya River, or try any of the numerous float trips that provide views of the amazing Alaska landscapes and wildlife. Combination float and fishing trips are available.
- Florida Bioluminescence Kayak Tours. Take an evening kayak trip on the Indian River Lagoon or the Banana River to view the neon blue lights created by micro-organisms that live beneath the water. Colonies of these organisms create pockets of glowing lights under the water for a beautiful night time scene as you float.
- Coaldale, Arkansas. Float down the Arkansas River for amazing rare views of the Rocky Mountains from a different perspective than the usual tourist attractions. Float trips leave from Coaldale, Arkansas.
- Rio Grande, Texas. View desert landscapes and float through rocky canyons on the Rio Grande River in Texas. See giant cactus, peregrine falcons, coyotes, and other desert animals you may not have in your neck of the woods. Don’t be fooled by the desert stereotype; desertscapes have their own unique beauty.
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway, Maine. Float along the rivers, streams, ponds, and lakes of the North Maine Woods under a canopy of trees. In the fall, the bright red leaves of the maple trees are stunning, reflecting off the water like a mirror as you drift along. You may spot some wildlife along the way from moose to eagles.
- John Day River, Oregon. This relaxing float trip along the John Day River provides fantastic views of black volcanic rock formations and rolling grassy hillsides as you meander along the third longest undammed river in the lower 48 states. If you’re lucky you’ll catch glimpses of red-tailed hawks, golden eagles, river otters, and mule deer along the way.
Solitude Float Trips is Booking Excursions Now
If you’re looking for vacation ideas for spring break or summer vacation, now is the time to book one of the best destinations for float trips. A Grand Teton scenic float trip is an experience you will never forget. Make your reservation now with Solitude Float Trips.
Call (307) 733-2871 to make a reservation or book your trip online. We look forward to showing you all the beauty the Grand Tetons have to offer from the clear waters of the Snake River.